Saturday, May 31, 2014

Fairies and Owls - Lilian





Hi there everyone
Well what a fun month of Fairies and Owls over at Imagine if!
For my last Design Team project for May I've chosen to alter a  wooden photo frame
I'm just loving how it looks with some black and white photos.



I first gave the wood a stressed look with some vintage cream paint.
then got to work painting and adding texture to all the wee owls, some are card and felt laser cuts from Imagine if. I've used Tim Holtz stickles and distress inks.


For my fairies I've used cheese cloth tea dyed for the dresses,I've chopped the arm and moved it on the larger fairy which I've also added a butterfly wing created from a stamp and coloured with Tim Holtz distress ink :) loveeee them! The middle sized fairy I  cut in half one of the filigree butterflies from Imagine if and added to the wing for more interest.
Painted on some faces and a bit of texture on the moon which I  added glitter and a glow in the dark glitter!

The other half of the butterfly I added to my toadstool, the tree trunk is made from upcycled cardboard and paint!
I added some of the tea dyed cheese cloth around the photo sections to frame like a window, also added a trail of ivy around to create a forest look!
Adding a selection of the stars glittered and textured for a "Sparkle" in the night light!
I finally created an old fence with painted Ice block sticks cut roughly joined with some wire,
Seam binding dyed with Tim Holtz vintage photo distress ink for curtain ties.
After much fun I continued to add a few paper white roses and a felt ladybug from Imagine if, a selection of very pale lemon paper and fabric flower.
Go take a look at all the amazing fun products Imagine if has to offer!

5 comments:

  1. Stunning - so much detail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your work Lilian ☺ you are such a talented artist ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. your rocking this Design team Girl, well done love what you have created here xx

    ReplyDelete