Friday, May 30, 2014

Owl card - Marilyn

Hi everyone Marilyn here, 
This is my 3rd project for this month and I have chosen to make another owl card
For this card I have used one of Imagineif/fix designs chipboard cut outs.
(The owl and the branch come as one piece.)
I sealed the whole piece with Gesso which I applied generously so that I could add texture to the owl.
 
 
 
I then coloured the owl using a selection of brown Distress Markers
To add body I cut some brown felt leaves in half, inked the edges with black and layered to form feathers.
Another brown  leaf was cut into  fine strips to add tufts  to the ears.
I punched a couple of circles out of gold card to add to the back of the eyes to make them more realistic and lastly ground down a button to form the beak.
The branch was sealed with Gesso, inked with a variety of brown shades then  leaves and lichen added.
The moon was made with double sided sticky paper, glitter applied on the front and rubbed in, then positioned on the card.
The owl and branch are doubled pop dotted on to give depth.
The photo does not do this card justice. A very simple card yet beautiful.
Check out Imagineif/fix designs – They have a wonderful selection of owls - 
 
Hope you enjoyed.
Marilyn.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment