Saturday, May 3, 2014

'Timeless' memory box - Brenda

Welcome back again, Brenda here.  Today I'm sharing a gorgeous altered box, this time it's a awesome new release from Imagine If .   As you may know I LOVE making boxes, and this one is all the more special I think because of its size and the fact it has a hinged lid.



The dimensions of this MDF box are 10" x 6 3/4" x 2".  Once all assembled (and hubby had attached the hinges with rivets) the entire box got a coat of dark brown paint.  After much deliberation, I decided on using this gorgeous Kaisercraft 'Timeless Collection' paper to cover the exterior.  All edges were inked with TH Walnut Stain.  I covered the top & bottom edges with this pretty little cotton lace, then finished the top edge off with some cream pearl trim from Retail Girl.


Next came the flowers, and don't we all love flowers.  I wanted to bring out the red flowers from the paper so I had to make these to match, you can find my tutorial here.  The green & white rosette flowers are also from Retail Girl, with the remainder being I am Roses blooms.   


The little cones were found under a tree on the side of the road, and some random leaves and pearls finish this part of the embellishments. 


This is a quote that can be found on the 'Dreams' sheet, I thought it fitted the idea of a keep safe box, topped off with a dainty little chipboard butterfly which was sprayed with Dylusion Ink after I had embossed it.


This lovely little chipboard corner flourish was painted, then I flocked the leaves to give a bit more dimension.


And what better way to open your box than with another string of pearls, topped off with yet another lovely little blue butterfly.


The interior has been kept very plain, all I did here was a coat of brown paint then adhered the burlap, to keep with the rustic, vintage theme.

I've had fun making this box, but not as much fun as Jo and her team are having producing all these fabulous new products for all of us to 'play' with.  They are really keeping us all on our toes.  Keep visiting to see what all the other lovely ladies do with their boxes, and to see what else Jo has given us to 'introduce' to you all.

Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful - love all the detail

    ReplyDelete