So to begin.
Here are the original pieces of the film strip, they fit together to make the film strip box.
I got a very sharp craft knife and cut up the pieces to make separate boxes.
I then took a placemat which I sanded and painted with white gesso.
After painting the placemat I used Mod Podge and covered the placemat with torn book pages.
Using more mod podge I covered the placemat with a green serviette and then over the green serviette I mod podged another serviette with birds and butterflies over the left half of the placemat.
With the placemat covered I then painted the film strip box pieces with black acrylic paint.
I also painted a few small wooden blocks I had in my stash with the same paint.
Using distress inks I inked up a dictionary page, and using stencils I added some circles using black distress ink. I then cut the pieces to fit the inside back of the box and the insides.
I then decorated the box, using die cuts, a chipboard butterfly and corner flourish. The bird is from the Imagine If range, I used a button from my stash and a quote :Imagine your Journey". Around the outside of the box I used some Dresden trim. I covered the outside edges of the box with aluminium tape that had been embossed and painted. Once the paint was dry I sanded some of the paint off.
I embossed the butterfly, the bird and the flourish with embossing powder. On the fence die cut I used crackle glossy accents.
I created a flower using embossed,painted and sanded soda can metal. Ithen cut out the flowers using the Tim Holtz tattered flower die. I layered the flowers together to make the bloom. I then made a few other embellishments using Coutoure Creations Dies. I painted some of the stars from Imagine If and covered them with blue glitter. I covered a piece of black card with black and white script tape to put behind the box.
For the photos I painted the film strips with green metallic paint. I then used the heat tool and heated the paint until it began to bubble to give it a bit of texture. I then rubbed over the paint with gold and black rubon.
I then put the photos in behind the strip and filled in the holes with glossy accents.Using black card I made a hinge to hold both photos and glued it to the top of the box as illustrated. The photos are glued on an angle on the top of the box. I added the other embellishments and put it all together. I hope you enjoy this project please feel free to leave comments or ask questions. Now I am off to make something with the remaining pieces of the film strip box...........