Friday, May 9, 2014

Vintage Memory Box - Lilian


Hi everyone welcome to my happy place and the first of my May's  DT project for Imagine If....

First I took a look at the pieces of MDF and decided I wanted to add a drawer into the design, so I traced a few extra sections in recycled cardboard.
I then taped and glued it all together adding a cream coloured paint to all the edges.
Time for the fun began! I've covered the inside and outside with "Vintage Floral" By Kaisercraft
Added metal filigree to the corners, metal feet and handles.
I've added a selection of Tea dyed applique, flowers, bling and a black flourish from Imagine If

 I just had to make a small altered book in matching paper to pop in the drawer and I also decided to add a key hole painted gold!










I think I have convinced Jo that we need a new design done and she is now busy working on making the memory box come with a drawer.  Hope you enjoyed the project.
Lilian.  

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! Where can I one of these to make & also the metal filigree & feet? Love it!

    ReplyDelete