Saturday, May 10, 2014

Kids on a Fence Post - Brenda

Hi Brenda here with another exciting project.  I've really outdone myself with this collection of awesome photos. But I can't take all the credit, I got the initial idea from one of my all time favourite scrappers.  Gabbi recently shared with us her Wall Hanging, so this is my take on her creation.


 I have added lots more to her basic idea by adding photos, flowers and all these gorgeous creatures that have just been released by Imagine If.  You'll just fall in love with these adorable owls & butterflies, which I kept very plain so not to detract from the detail of the whole project.  All the panels have been created on corrugated card, with the name panel measuring 4" x 7", and the remainder being 7" x 7".


Firstly I created this name panel. I have used two papers from Heartfelt Creations throughout, tying together the pinks & blues with the basic brown of TH Walnut Stain.  Lots of distressing, gesso, texture paste, templates, stamping & inking created the backgrounds.  I have used burlap throughout as another anchor.   


On Panel 1, I've started with a softer pinkish paper and kept the whole panel relatively 'light' and feminine, the butterfly & felt flowers are finished with pink stickles.


Panel 2 has some layering of the different papers on the corner, the bottom layer being burlap. More texture paste used through templates here again.


Panel 3 is my favourite panel I think.  I love this photo the best, and think all the colours really blend well here with the blue paper and felt flowers.

All panels were then attached to a rustic fence post that hubby had ripped down for me.  It can now be easily hung on the wall.

I think this has been a real fun way to introduce you to these fun little owls and hope you are following all my 'teamies' here Imagine If  to see what fantastic ideas they come up with.

Brenda

2 comments:

  1. Well done mate, another fab creation xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous - love the layering and use of corrugated card

    ReplyDelete