Thursday, May 8, 2014

Beth's Owl Calendar

Hi everyone, Beth here.

These sweet owl cutouts are a new release from Imagine If...  the owl on the shorter branch and the owl on the longer branch are sold separately.  I decided they would be perfect to oversee a calendar - add some cute wisdom!
1405A Owl Calendar 1
I had one of the CD-type cases that calendars come in from a previous year, so I removed the old calendar ready for this project.  I started out with a kraft piece of cardstock which I used a woodgrain stencil and my new favourite tool, the Tim Holtz Distress Marker Spritzer, this created a nice soft textured background.

I often start out by putting Gesso onto my chipboard shapes so I have a white background for colour to go on to, I then painted my owls using Distress Paints and a brush (it took a couple of coats).  Once dry, I added some Glossy Accents to the leaves and eyes of the owls.
1405A Owl Calendar 2

1405A Owl Calendar 3
For the calendar, I found a printable calendar from Finding Nana which I printed directly onto the pale green cardstock, cut up and rounded the corners.  These cards are not attached so I am able to slip them in and out for each month.
1405A Owl Calendar 6
The finishing touch was a quote from the Imagine If Had Enough? Quote Sheet, perfect for this little spot.
1405A Owl Calendar 4
So now I have the date and time in my studio - no more excuses!

1405A Owl Calendar 5

www.bethbarnes.co.nz
https://www.facebook.com/bethsinkyfingers
http://www.pinterest.com/bethbarnesnz/

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful - Love it so much I think I might make some for Christmas pressies

    ReplyDelete