Wednesday, May 7, 2014

"Believe in Magic" Layout

Hi everyone Ngaere here.  

With this month's releases from Imagine If... we have owls and fairies and boxes, oh my!  I have been inspired by all of the lovely ladies on the design team, there have been some amazing projects using Jo's great products.  I have also been inspired by the birth of my youngest grandson.  Olley was born in March this year and he is just so cute.  It seemed to me that magical fairies could be used on a boy's layout just as easily as they could on a girls layout.  I preferred to keep it clean and simple, leaving the photo and the chipboard to be the stars of the layout.




I cut around the bottom of the picture to give it some shape, then I layered the photo on top of two strips of patterned paper which I adhered to white embossed 12"x12" card.  The strips of paper help to anchor the picture.  I put the memories overlay from Imagine If over the photo framing Olley. This pulls your eye to his cute little face and provides a frame for the stars to twinkle on. I then painted the fairies black and the stars and the moon yellow.  I added gold glitter paint to the moon and stars and silver glitter paint to the fairies wings.  I then painted the back half of the mushroom white, the cap red and glued them together.  I painted the grass green and added it to the bottom of the mushroom.

 
I used a gorgeous quote from the Imagine if Fairies and Castles quote sheet, added a title using Tim Holtz Off the block diecuts and the layout is finished.




This is a very simple layout that I think showcases the Imagine If chipboard pieces beautifully and it would work just as easily for a little girl.  I hope you enjoyed this project and that it inspires you to try something similar for yourself, keep an eye out for the rest of the Design Team projects coming up this month they are stunning and well worth taking the time to check them out.

Products Used in this layout
Imagine If Fairies and Castles quote sheet
Imagine If Fairy on the Moon small with stars
Imagine If Fairy and a rose small
Imagine If Memories frame
Imagine If Mushroom
White embossed 12x12 cardstock
Patterned paper scraps
Acrylic paint
Glitter paint
Tim Holtz black distress ink
Tim Holtz Off the Block diecut alphabet

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome LO...I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Val and it was so easy to do

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ngaere, this is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Esther, it is so easy when you have great products.

    ReplyDelete