Thursday, April 10, 2014

Wear cute shoes

My second project for Imagine If Design Team is the boot, this comes in three pieces, the whole boot, the foot part and the heel.
1403 Boot 1
I started out by covering all parts with white gesso, giving a good painting surface.  Then I chose a quote from the Fashion Quotes sheet and cut a window in the piece that is just the foot - this gave some more depth to my boot.
Second job was to paint the foot piece a pale green, and to paint the heel with stripes (I have a pair of shoes with striped heels and I love them!).  Once the paint was dry I stamped a background vine stamp over the boot with green ink, then to add texture I mixed a small amount of green paint into some texture paste then used a stencil randomly over the boot.
Once this was all dry, I glued the quote behind the window, and the two pieces onto the whole boot piece.
Last was the butterflies, I also painted them first with gesso then with different coloured paints.  Once they were dry I stamped a script stamp over them, and bent the wings up slightly and glued only in the centre.  The bodies of the butterflies are small pale green pearls.
1403 Boot 2

1403 Boot 3

1403 Boot 4

Enjoy crafting, Life Well, Laugh Often, Love Much, and Wear Cute Shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment