Friday, April 4, 2014

Shabby Shoe - Tasha & Katrina

 Hey Crafters - Tash here
I'm excited to share with you my first Design Team project.  This shoe came in 3 laser cut chip pieces that measures approx 19cm x 18cm.  I want to tell you that I used a lot of amazing techniques but to be honest I actually just got all my crafty goodies together and had fun playing and embellishing.


I must say at first I had no love for this shoe as I had seen my fellow Design Team friends and they are all so unique and awesome I was a bit daunted but once I got into it, it was just fun fun fun.


I chose a shabby look for my shoe.  I covered it with some designer paper and then embellished it with so many goodies from my stash, some chip board butterflies, a felt flower and I just love those little tiny felt butterflies.

So many awesome embellishments and craft supplies to be had at Imagine If...FIX designer craft supplies.  I am looking forward to sharing more creations with you.
Take care guys and keep it crafty
Tasha xx

http://www.pinterest.com/tashchanwai/
http://withallmyartandsoul.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/artsongandsoul
https://plus.google.com/u/0/

This is Katrina's post
Welcome to my first ever DT blog, Must admit I'm a little scared but here goes, Jo sent us a beautiful box of crafty goodness to play with and on top was our first must makes, one was a boot and the other was a shoe in pieces! I took one look and thought what have I done, can I do this DT thing! but after a few days of thinking, I was getting excited over the possibilities of what I could make, I decided my shoe was first, and I decided a mini book it must become. I have used my oldest daughter for inspiration as she has more of a shoe fetish than me ( I have gummies and sneakers, no heels) As congratulation's to myself for getting on the Imagine If.. design team I brought a Zutter binder and really needed to play! The cover is 3D from the pieces of chipboard that you get in the pack and I have use Kaisercraft's " Lady Rose" Papers, Such beautiful rich colours! 
colours!


I have added ribbons, charms and feathers on the spine, and used liquid pearls for my pretty pearly dots on the inner edges of the shoe.

On my first two pages I have used some of the sticker quotes from my "Lady Rose" pack, and some of the felt flowers from Imagine if, now I was worried how I was going to use anything felt because I never have used it before, but I love the soft look and the lovely texture of the felt especially when added to something hard, like the metal flower underneath.

 
My next two pages are for some photos,  I have embellished with more felt flowers ( expect to see more of these, I'm in love with them) I  have used some frames from the family tree pack that were in my box of crafty goodness, and put sticker crowns over the top , then put inspirational words to fill in some gaps!

My last page I have put a small envelope with a bit of Velcro for any small mementos that need to be kept, with some paper roses and a Prima resin bird, which I have added a small bit of colour using my perfect pearls and H2o'S
I hope you have enjoyed my first blog for Imagine if...
Please leave a comment and pop over to the other DT members blogs to see what they have been up to. 
Happy Crafting
Katrina


2 comments:

  1. My goodness, what a great idea you have here and it has worked out perfectly. Love it! Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you have made a book out of this - love it. Unique and creative

    ReplyDelete