Monday, July 1, 2013

Off the Page - Castle

Hi everyone, Jo here with a canvas using Twiddleybitz products.  I have to say I love these bits and pieces, and how quickly you can make a really awesome project with them.

This months theme is the mini houses that Twiddleybitz makes.  However I cut mine up and used on this canvas, I love their little houses, and I have used them lots of times, including projects at Senz in Hamilton last year.  So this time I thought I would try something different.  I thought they would make a great castle, so after a bit of playing I came up with this design.

The brick wall is a new release from Twiddleybitz, and I also used the grab bag to make the stepped up parts of the castle, the little houses are on top, and then I used this cool horse and carriage which was embossed, and the lamp posts (embossed and kindy glitz) and fence (distress stain).  The fairies were hand painted and little flower skirts added. The birdcages are metal charms I picked up.  Lots of flowers added to complete the page.   I had left over brick pieces form my gingerbread house, and I also used windows from that project as well. 

For the brick wall, I firstly added gesso randomly around the bricks.  Then I put distress stain in three colours onto the bricks, then I went back and put more gesso onto the brick shapes again.
As you can see some of the ink has bled through the gesso, and so I ended up with these shaded bricks.  I then added some brown distress ink all over, to give a slightly browner tinge to it all.

One fairy castle, I hope you like it.  A great project with kids to do.   







No comments:

Post a Comment