Friday, February 20, 2015

Mixed Media Canvas from Ngaere

I seem to be on a roll with canvases this month.  My project for Imagine If this week is a small mixed media canvas using some of Jo's chipboard pieces and paint products supplied by Imagine If.

Here is the finished project.



To begin I glued a sheet of Imagine If chipboard alphabet letters to a plain canvas.






  I then painted the whole thing with white gesso. 





 I then added pieces of Imagine If Chicken wire over the top of the letters.



I added three of the chipboard circle frames to the top of the canvas and then added bits and pieces and metal embellishments.





Once the glue had dried I painted everything with white gesso.



Once the gesso was dry I used various spray paints to add colour to the canvas.
Mr Hueys Desert spray and Mr Hueys Audrey spray and Dylusions Melted Chocolate spray


I then highlighted several areas with Perfect Pearls, painted the words and the butterfly with Viva Inka Gold Cobalt Blue and Viva Inka Gold Ice Blue.

I then coloured three hearts from the  Set of Hearts with perfect pearls and put them through an embossing folder,  I edge them with Vintage Photo Ink and drybrushed them with the Viva Inka Gold Ice Blue.  I then attach the hearts to the canvas to finish the project. 

I hope this project inspires you to use chipboard in different ways and I look forward to your comments and questions.

1 comment: