Saturday, February 28, 2015

Another Mixed Media Piece using Imagine If Chipboard from Ngaere

I just cannot resist using the chipboard from Imagine If to make mixed media pieces.  It makes the whole process so easy.  The chipboard really takes the paint and sprays really well and add great texture to the projects.  So here is a Mixed Media album cover using heaps of Imagine If chipboard.







I have made this cover a little "girly" with the colours and the flowers and the bling.  I have 
used words and pieces that represent different stages in my life and I think it will make a great art journal for me to journal in.

The chipboard I have used in this piece is shown and listed below along with  a link to the Imagine If website.


I took an old book that I brought at a garage sale for .50 cents and covered it with white gesso. 



Once the first coat of gesso had dried I used gesso through two of the Imagine If stencils, the bubbles stencil and the chevron stencil to give the cover more texture. I also added in some pieces of book pages.






I gave the cover another light coat of gesso and then I painted all of the chipboard pieces with white gesso and glued them on the cover adding a few paper flowers here and there for interest.



Once the gesso had dried I went to town with the sprays. I used Adirondack sprays and homemade shimmer sprays in tones of pink and purple.



When I was happy with the base colour I used my Viva Inka Gold paints to highlight areas of the journal cover.  (I must say I love these paints).   I also drybrushed some of the areas with white paint to give some contrast.   Then I added the bling and flowers.  I used glitter and glossy accents on the skirt and I used micro beads on the wings.  The quotes which I thought were really appropriate and worked well with the theme of the journal are also from 
Imagine If  - Seasons in Time quote sheet.










To finish the whole thing off I added clear page pebbles and it was done.  The whole project from start to finish probably only took about 3-4 hours and this is the beauty of using the chipboard as it makes it so easy to assemble elements and pull the whole page together.  





Until next week happy crafting and don't forget to check out the wonderful products on the Imagine If website.

1 comment:

  1. love this project - how do you make your home made shimmer sprays?

    ReplyDelete