Monday, January 10, 2011

Off the oage - Mini canvas art


Mini Canvas Art
Here is a piece of art I completed a while ago.  I took a basic noughts and crosses board, painted it black, and covered with black and white paper.  I actually recycled this from a project I did years ago.  I added white rubons to the black board.
I painted 9 canvases (4x4) in lime green, hmmm why not purple I asked myself, but it screamed at me lime green, so lime green it is.  I have been collecting odd bits and pieces that I thought represented me and everything I like.  This took a while to do, I also tried to find things that were just a bit random. 
I started canvas 1 with a Kiwi theme, a chipboard kiwi, and NZ letters, and a small chipboard NZ, and a clock.
2nd felt flowers, and a key and the word dream. 
3rd Imagine, well the name of the shop and a compass, always changing direction.
4th a chipboard camera, acetate travel,  and a few rubons
5th Family, always the centre of everything for me, and a camera, bug and butterfly brads.
6th  angels, torso and bling.
7th, chipboard tree, added kindy glitz, a piece of jewellery i found, a cooking rubon.
8th a flourish, button, rubons and a boach piece. 
9th key made from embossing powder melted, a bag, rubons and bling of course.
the trick with this is to ensure that you only use minimal colour for the embellishments, here i pretty much only used black, and then added a small bit of silver where needed.     

No comments:

Post a Comment