Monday, July 18, 2016

Imagine If Birdcage - Ngaere

My latest project uses a gorgeous chipboard bird cage from Imagine If. I got so carried away with making it I actually didn't take a lot of work in progress photographs. Here is the finished project.



I began with the bare birdcage which I painted with black gesso. Once the gesso was dry I drybrushed the cage with Rusty Paper paint and Lumiere brass paint. I then sprayed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang gold shimmer spray.



Once the cage was painted I draped the back and top of the cage with muslin dipped in Powertex which I then painted in the same manner I had painted the cage.




From there I added on a chipboard flourish and chipboard leaves and flowers and leaves from Imagine If until I was happy with the way it looked. I added a wooden piece to the top, (I think this came off an old wooden paper towel holder).




Then I had to find something to put inside the cage. So having no birds in my stash I decided to put a little fairy inside.  I altered a small plastic doll I had found at a garage sale. I made her a dress out of muslin, gave her some butterfly wings and placed her in the cage.



I then glued the cage to an altered candlestick and added some beads around the edge of the cage and the project was finished. I hope this project has given you some inspiration to create your own masterpiece and remember that all the materials can be obtained from Jo at Imagine If.










No comments:

Post a Comment