Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Beth's Mini Sewing Cupboard

Happy Tuesday! Today I’ve got a mini Sewing Cupboard for you.



I started with the MDF Armoir (waredrobe) from Imagine If... gesso first (of course). The furniture in my studio is painted a turquoise with stenciled pink flowers on it, and I thought I would paint this little cupboard in the same way, first I had to find the paint in the garage...



The inside of the cupboard was going to be white, but I needed some shelves, so I used some chipboard and cut them to the right size then glued them into place.



Then it was time to fill the inside. First I got a couple of little bottles and filled one with mini buttons and one with little beads, these were put onto the top shelf with a pair of scissors charm (I have a real pair just like this!).


I then cut cardstock for the fabric bolts, and then I dipped into my stash of fabrics (so much fun!) and created little bolts for the cupboard. Lastly I got a small cat from the chipboard Set of Cats, and painted him black, then I put him just where I might find one of my cats - sleeping on the fabric where he shouldn't be!




Thanks for stopping by today, Beth

Blog: www.bethbarnes.co.nz
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bethsinkyfingers
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/bethbarnesnz/
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bethbarnesnz/



No comments:

Post a Comment