Monday, October 19, 2015

Journal pages with Tracy

Hi Tracy here. Today I wanted to share the front page of an Art Journal I have decided to start. So, I I wanted the back and front covers to look the same so first layer I painted gesso to prime them, and then the fun began! Using Texture Paste I picked out a stencil and stencilled onto the covers.











Once dry I painted whole thing in Phthalo Green, and wiped of excess paint especially around stenciled parts with a baby wipe. I then repeated this using Copper paint, taking care to high light areas I wanted to stand out. 

While the paint was drying and waiting to be "dressed up" I ran my chipboard wings and Dressmaker image through the cuttlebug. This took some playing
around until I could find the right thickness to run them through (I didnt want to break another one!!!)
Next I painted all the chipboard using same colours I had used for journal, rubbed around the edges with brown gelato to grunge them up and picked out flowers which I also rubber a bit of copper around edges to match them up. All that was left then was to play around and place
items until I was happy with flow and stick them down.
Hope you have enjoyed my project. I certainly am enjoying being on Jo's
team and creating.



No comments:

Post a Comment