Saturday, April 6, 2013

Memories Box

Hi everyone, today I have a post up for Twiddleybitz in Australia, they have extended my guest designer spot for another 3 months, so I am very excited to be continuing with them, to bring you some hopefully fun and interesting bits and pieces.  Today I have played it quite safe, no random thing today.  This is a memory box that I have made.


 
This is a cigar box that I decorated using graphic 45 paper and Twiddleybitz chipboard.  I covered the box first of all, and then I used book binders tape to secure the sides.  I have used the Twiddleybitz chicken mesh wire, that I have painted silver, as the base for the project.

I used some of the sprockets and I embossed them through the cuttle bug, and in an embossing folder.  The machine wasn't that pleased with the thickness if the chipboard, but it did work and nothing was broken.


I then inked the sprocket gently to get this tree design on it. I sprayed some muslin (definitely a favourite). 
I made the resin bird, and I added feathers and flowers and leaves to the front of the box.




I wanted to put these hinges on but they were silver, so out came the alcohol ink and they got coloured, and I used brads to adhere. 


I added this measuring tape around the box. 
I then screwed on this tap from Tim Holtz on to the top of the box, and then put this key latch on with brads, on the side.  I used a 7 gypsies elastic to hold the box closed. 







On the left is the inside front cover, it has a Prima seat which I inked.  I also used the Twiddleybitz winged things frame to frame my memory quote.  I added the little birds as the frame was simple and I didn't want to change that to much.  Finally  i added a few flowers and some Xmas decorations that i cut up to mimic the graphic 45 picture that I put on this side.  Finally the bottom of the box was left plain, as I am filling the box with lots of papers.  

One memory box completed, it is now full of everything I needed to keep safe.   

No comments:

Post a Comment