Tuesday, December 11, 2012

4 Christmas Tags

Hi everyone, whats on the blog today? Christmas, no surprise there, but it it that time of the year.  So today is about tags... 4 of them actually, and embossing powder, and resists.  I decided it was time to try using some of this amazing embossing powder, that has been around for awhile, so tends to be put away, while new products are in favour.  But I love it, there are so many colours, and textures, you have got to try it out.

Embossing powder can be used to colour a product (I love old gold), it can be used to distress (distress embossing powder) and then it can be used as a resist (any colour but I do like clear powder for this)

The picture on the left uses clear embossing, the one on the right has been embossed twice. 









Left hand side:
I then used distress ink on the tag to colour it.  Note that where I embossed the words at the back, the distress has resisted it, also the red reindeer.  I useddistress embossing powder for the lamp, some stickles and a graphic 45 images. The lamps have stickles in them to look like the light lights are on.

Right hand side, Tag 2 has been embossed with distress embossing powder, and then the lamp was gold embossed, but I sanded it a little bit, to grunge it a little bit.

In this image, on the left I have stamped Santa with black ink, then used a white crayon to colour in all the places I wanted to stay white, so I could colour the rest of the tag in. 

Time to add a few embellishments.  Tulle, berries twigs and a Bobunny metal embellishment.   




For this tag I stamped the background, and then
coloured Santa with crayon again.
I also coloured the holly on his head with
distress markers, and then inked it very softly
with pale distress inks. 

I enjoyed making these little pieces for Christmas, and what a great thing to put on your thoughtfully purchased or made gifts.  I hope you have enjoyed these.  Please comment so I know how I am doing with all my instructions and projects.  Thanks for reading. 

1 comment: