Saturday, October 20, 2012

Tag 3- Distress Markers and Inks

Went for a little less background on this one and kept it nice and sharp.  This is just distress ink on a manilla tag.  One of the most important things to be said about distress ink, is layer layer layer.  Start with your lightest colour, and add to the tag, I use an ink tool, in a round motion.  Go all over the tag.  Then add colour two, three, and or four.  What ever you like.  I use Archival ink for stamping my image, this will give you a clean image.  Also it does not matter if I decide to add water to the inks because the Archival will not run.
I added the swirl stamp as well, and added some orange flowers to the stamp,and then slipped a leaf under each.  The clock is from Prima marketing it is wooden.  I then restamped the butterflies onto another piece of paper, and carefully coloured them in.  Yes I know markers yuck.  No not these distress markers from ranger.  Lovely to use.  When I coloured in with them, the lines that you usually see with colouring in, are not visable, and because they are water based, you can spritz them with water if you want more of a water colour look. The stamp is from a Tim Holtz collection. 

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for while knowledge defines all we actually know, imagination leads us to all we might discover and create."  Now go and create.         

No comments:

Post a Comment