Sunday, June 26, 2011

Scrapbooking - Rome

Okay so here is a large page i did for Castle St Angelo in Rome.  I wanted to be able to put all the photos on one page, not on several.  I saw this idea in a magazine, and worked on it using the new Bobunny timepiece collection of papers.  It has a base piece and then both top and bottom open up and down, and the sides go back.  In a scrapbook sleeve most of the layout is hidden, so only the doors on picture one are visable.  I managed to get 11 photos in this layout.   I have used all  sorts of little decorations on each page.  But I have not gone over board on decoration, as it is already very busy.  In the centre of the bottom photo I have layered a flower and used a brown glimmer mist to enhance a   tattered angels resist bird.  I used a lot of the time piece collection papers titles to add to each photo. Come in and check it out is you want a better look. 

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Scrapbooking - Delphi 1

This is from our trip to Delphi in Greece. First i started with a sheet of cardboard, that i took from a box, I ripped off the top layer to expose the corigated cardboard underneath.  I then sprayed it with glimmer mist, a green, brown and mustard.  This was to give the base some colour.  I then rolled up a piece of left over cardboard and glued it closed.  I wrapped a piece of leaf  ribbon around it all the way down (thats the dark brown) the cardboard strip.  I cut out some spellbinders leaves and inked them with different chalk inks, glimmer mist and airondack inks.  This game me a few different shades of leaves.  I then glued them around the cardboard strip.  I used a Scarpfx window to draw attention to one of the photos, I sprayed the frame with glimmer mist brown.  I used a few flowers that i punched from cream card to the top underneath of the window.   I mounted the other photo on brown bazil cardstock.  From the Tim Holtz spellbinders I cut out the sign, from the same card,  which I added my Title, i used brads and chain to make it look like it was hanging.  At this stage i was a little disappointed how flat the layout was, so i added the lime green flowers, brown flowers and a cream spotted prima marketing flower.  I cut out a couple of clocks from kaiser paper, just to give the page a lift.   

Monday, June 13, 2011

Off the page project: Kaiser castle drawers

This is a project using the new Kaiser castle drawers. I used a lime green paint, to paint all the wooden parts of the drawers.  Then covered the drawers with paper from The Girls Paperiere vintage Whimsy.  I used some crystal knobs that I had from anothe project and screwed them onto the drawers.  I used Kaisers new flowers, leaves, ribbon and bling to bring all the colours together.  The vine is a ribbon vine going up the castle.  I used Kaiser bling to make the turrets stand out a little more. 
A lovely gift for any little girl who likes pink.