Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Beth's Windows & Locks Canvas

Hi guys,

Beth here for my last post as an Imagine If... Design Team Member! It has been a good year - busy, varied and creative.

This month the new products are windows, keys and locks - perfect for a little reminder!



I started out with a 'burlap canvas' and all the lovely chipboard pieces. I laid the chipboard pieces out on the canvas, then decided which of three Distress Stains I was going to use to colour them (so the colours were spread out. I used Picket Fence, Antiqued Bronze and Tarnished Brass. I used the Distress Stains for this as it gives colour without the bulk of paint (it can take a few coats as the colour does soak in).



While the chipboard was drying, I cut the saying in black, then I started layering. I had taken a photo of my original layout of the chipboard on the canvas so I was able to use that to put everything back into the same place, and I then glued them down. Finally I laid out and then glued down the letters.



I'm really pleased with this little reminder, and it should help me look forward, not back. So now the Imagine If... Design Team has come to an end and that door has closed, it is time for me to look for the next open window!

Blog: www.bethbarnes.co.nz
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bethsinkyfingers
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/bethbarnesnz/
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bethbarnesnz/

1 comment:

  1. Beth, I really love what you have done with this canvas.

    ReplyDelete