Saturday, March 2, 2013

Mixed media - Live a Beautiful life

Hi, and welcome to another hot, sunny and very very dry day here in New Zealand.  Today I am showing you one of my new projects that I have been playing around with.  Mixed media.

I decided that it was time that I just stopped talking about it in my own head, late into the night, and just get it on a canvas.  So I am pleased to show you this.

This is my first real attempt, at stop thinking to hard, and just go with the flow.

I am not going to give you  step by step instructions, as this is very much a piece that I really did all the wrong way around.  I learnt heaps and am looking forward to my next attempt.   I have used quite a bit of Twiddleybitz again for this project, the grab bags for the squares, the cogs, and the lightbulb (cut up and changed around) are all chipboard. As is the Live a Beautiful Life.



I used Graphic 45 paper, as a starting point, and then cogs, and the Live a beautiful life, were a great way to add my words and texture.  I hope you have enjoyed.   













I used heaps of buttons.  Plain and metal, paper flowers, and bling.

 






  

1 comment:

  1. Wow....Jo this looks amazing...the dimension, texture, colours and Twiddley....love it!!
    You are very clever. :)

    ReplyDelete