Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hot air balloon

Hi everyone, and welcome to one of the hardest things I have ever done.  I think it is a good thing that I am stubborn sometimes, because this was a nightmare.  I have never just about driven myself insane before, but this project just about did it. 

I started with a Twiddleybitz shadow box, and built my project up from there. I have also used Twiddleybitz mini houses, mini house windows and doors, swirls, autumn leaves, and floral border on the balloon. The balloon is a large bauble I purchased at Christmas time, then I covered with tissue and lace, and then beaded a net over the whole thing.  Actually I beaded it four times, I just kept making mistakes with the quantity of beads to thread on, and holding and working on 12 strings at any one time. 
 






So was I crazy to attempt it? yes am I glad it is done Oh yes definitely.  Will I do another one? never.  But still someone special will enjoy this project I hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment