Thursday, February 12, 2015

Vintage Altered Clip Board - Lilian

Hi it is Lilian
Wow the beginning of the new year is racing away! .....and so is summer!
I decided to alter this clip board I was gifted at Christmas in a Vintage French theme and add it to my decorations in my room....you guessed it! French inspired!


The first thing I did was sand the entire board then stained it with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress stain and then selected a paper in the colours I wanted to work with ....this one is Madame Boutique!
Glued to the front and back of the clip board.

I have inked the edges with Vintage Photo as well for the aged look.


Using the butterfly template from Imagine if I added three of the little ones using texture paste mixed with a little turquoise paint, when it dried I brushed over a little of the ink to tone down the brightness.


With the chosen sentiments and large butterfly from Imagine if and a wooden Eiffel Tower I stained them with the Vintage Photo stain and glued them down.


Finishing off with pearls, a mix of flowers, prima beads and  seam binding threaded through the top of the clip board and tied into a bow to hang!


Hope this inspires you to try some of the products over at Imagine if and create your own crafty projects.




Products used from Imagine if

1 comment: