Saturday, June 29, 2013

Magic is believing - using a shadow box from Twiddleybitz

Hi everyone, the sun is shining and it is a beautiful day here.  I have a young friend who is having a birthday soon.  So I thought of her when I made this shadow box.  It is a 6x6 size, and really easy to make.  Twiddleybitz have photos and instructions with all their projects like this.  Which is just as well, because I do not do instructions very well.

Picture of BUT006I wanted to do soemthing very girly and soft looking.  So I started with gesso and I covered the whole box in that.  Then I used distress stains picket fence to give it a coat of white as well.   I then used alcohol ink on a sheet of white gloss card and made some beautiful colours.  I then traced some Twiddleybitz butterflies out and cut out the shapes of their wings from the coloured card.  I then adhered the card to the backs of the butterflies and then added more ink to the fronts of the butterflies.      
I stamped on to a doily, which was fun, I left a 2nd doily attached to 1st, as it was very see through and the small pattern on the back paper was coming through.  Some flowers and some bling were then added.  

I then added some muslin, a key, and some chain.  You can just see the left over prima packaging behind the chain, printed thick plastic was a great backing to add more butterflies below the main box.

So here it is - Magic is believing   I think she will love it.  

All the best and have a great day. 
  
 




3 comments: