Sunday, February 3, 2013

Scrapbooking - Capture Lifes Moments


Hi everyone, February is here already, and it is rather warm here at the moment. 



This week my first project is a page using a sketch from stucksketches.  Twiddleybitz are one of this months sponsors, so I got to see the sketch early, which is why even though it was released yesterday I have the page done already.  


 I used  a photography theme, as I had been teaching my niece Sidney to use her new Christmas present, a camera. 

We had a lot of fun, and I decided to show her really getting into the groove and snapping away. 

I used Twiddleybitz hearts, Life's Moments (which I cut up) and a couple of small flourishes.

The paper is from Kaisercraft collection, which I love, and I have been busy planing other projects with.
I have also used some filmstrip tape, flowers and a acetate clock.   

The hearts were a lot of fun to create.  Firstly I painted them black, then I used ultra thick embossing powder, and melted the powder, I did this three times.  Then I stamped into them while they were warm, using Darkroom door photography stamps.  I them rubbed pearlex rubbed powder over the top to give the gold look.

I added Twiddleybitz "Life's moments", which I cut up, as I needed the text to go along the page, I used the left over flourish from the life's moments on the top left of the page.  Nothing gets wasted with me.  Finally I stamped the photography saying, another from Darkroom door.

It is a bit hard to see the Capture word in the top right hand corner, with Twiddleybitz card flourishes used there to give it a bit more of statement.

Final result, I found it hard to copy the sketch, but it was quite fun in the end and I love the layout.  What do you think? Don't forget to go and check out the two websites, stuck sketches and Twiddleybitz.     

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic Jo, loved reading about how you altered the chippie hearts, they look beautiful. Love your layout. x

    ReplyDelete