Saturday, October 8, 2016

Art Inspired pages with Sharon

Hi again everyone

Sharon here to share with you a couple of pages I have made lately. 

Firstly I wanted to share with you this watercolour page. 


I was inspired to do this page from the quote I found on of of the “quotes and sayings” sheets  “Life is about using the WHOLE BOX of crayons” . As a painter, I can totally relate to this quote….and wanted to use a photograph of some of my paintings I exhibited at my very first solo exhibition earlier in the year.

I began by sprinkling some watercolour powder over the page in three loose striped areas . I spritzed with water and allowed the colours to mix a little. ( Not too much because I did not want mud!!!!) Once dry I applied texture paste through the “turkish design” stencil using texture paste. The colour from the watercolour seeped through to colour the paste over the top of just the watercoloured areas  which is why I did it in this order. 

I then layered up washi tape and a few pieces of painted chippie to create a "mantel piece" for the photo to sit on. A few doodles around the edge of the page and I am calling it “done”.

The second page I want to share with you uses another “art themed” photo. 


(Photo taken at an art class with an internationally acclaimed NZ  painter. 
Minutes after this was taken, I stepped back to look at what I had done, tripped over my easel, sending the easel the painting and all my brushes and paints into a big drain LOL ….needless to say that painting never made the wall, I just regret I did not take a photo of my whoopsie !!)

Again I used the quote for inspiration, edged in in a coloured ink to add a wee pop of colour in an otherwise neutral coloured page.  I also used several chipboard pieces I had gessoed and painted, along with several die cuts to showcase the photograph. 

Thanks for looking.

Sharon 



No comments:

Post a Comment