Monday, August 18, 2014

Painted, Carpeted, and Tables are in!


Hi everyone,
Hi everyone, and what another beautiful morning here in the Waikato, not that I have been outside to see it this last week.  After finishing at the show, it was straight into painting and decorating our new space. 

The Quilt and craft show was very very successful for us, and I am really pleased we went, though to be honest 5 days of the show is hard work, but there is a lot of fun, and a great chance to meet lots of new people.

The shop
The classroom is completed, and the manufacturing area is all set up, except for a tiny glitch one of my screens no longer works...bound to be something basic she says hopefully. There is a hint of purple around the place, and thanks to the boys yesterday everything is now at the shop ready to be put into place, the slatwalls are up, and the stands are in place.

Though I do have to tell you the funniest thing was after Aly had put these white paper stands together, which are a little flimsy while you get them together, we decided we needed to put some carpet under them, so rather than pull them apart and start again, we three generations of highly intelligent ladies decided to just lift them up and slip a piece of carpet under.  Well that seemed logical to us, how hard can it be.  Yes you got it!  This was not a simple task, in fact it was downright hard.  The shelves came apart, the carpet wouldn't slide, then it was to long and we had to try and cut it in place, and we just didn't think this through.  So imagine the view from behind, as three of us, all leaning over each other grunting and maybe a little cursing trying to get the carpet into place.  My dad would always say there is an easy way and a hard way to do things, that was the hard way.  

I do need to say thank you to my husband Rick, daughter Aly, her boyfriend Jason, Mum, for helping us yesterday get sorted.  Also to some of my other friends for helping out.  So here is a little push for their businesses.
Russell -  Morrinsville Auto Trim - for all your upholstery requirements
Morrinsville Auto Trim & Upholsterers
Upholstery & Supplies

The next two businesses are right beside me on Canada street.
Phil - Revision Marketing - for all your corporate and sports t-shirts etc  http://www.revisionmarketing.co.nz/
Jo - Prepare  - for all your emergency kits  http://www.prepare.co.nz/

Right what you really want to know is when!

Wednesday 27th August 10am we open.

The shop hours will be sent to you next week, and also with a small advanced rough class list.

So at the Quilt and craft show I was working on a canvas in my Demo time, it was quite hard to do as I had to complete all the processes twice a day, and work only on a small piece of the canvas all the time.  Though I think it is pretty good, I will be adding a few more flowers when I find them, because they are in storage boxes at present.

I have used Stencils - circles and words,  Chipboard - branches, words, swirls.  I also used Gel Medium, Modelling paste, Gesso, Lindy Stamp Gang sprays and Dylusions Sprays, buttons, and flowers, and some metal butterflies and filigree shapes.   I will put this up in the shop when i finish it off.  This will be a class late September. 
 
The Design Team have also been busy this week, here is what they've been up to - check out their blogs for all the details:

Beth Barnes
This week I had fun aging the Imagine If... Lantern, as well as making it a little bit functional - come over to my blog and have a look.


Lillian Clifton
Come on over to my blog and check out my Design Team project  "French Boutique" filled with miniatures! See you there.


For this weeks Imagine If blog post I have done a house mini album, These are super cute and easy to put together so pop on over and take a peek, Don't forget to leave some love. Happy craftin.

Pop over and see my latest colourful creation, keeping up with Jo's painting theme and sharing with you one of my other passions - CARS.

Tash Chanwai
Hey crafters pop over to my blog and check out this Layout I have created using chipboard, flowers, and stencils from Imagine if...   :)

Hello, It's Carol here. I hope you are feeling crafty and looking for some inspiration and fun, because this week I made this ever so cute and useful little pin cushion chair, and some ideas I have for it as well.

Ngaere Bennetts
This week I have been using stencils and chipboard to recycle a used photo paper roll into a decorative box. Pop over to my blog to see how I did it.

Marilyn doesnt have a page, but check this card out using felt flowers.  How beautiful is this!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Can these women get any better??? They amaze me every time. Also I think Marilyn should be given a blog page!!!! LOL

    Tricia Collins

    ReplyDelete
  2. So looking forward to a trip over to the shop one day soon. In the mean time I have some things I bought at Hamilton to use. Hope it all goes well for you Jo and you get the screen to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything looks fabulous, good luck with the move

    ReplyDelete