Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October update

Hi all,
Once again the weather is doing its best to confuse us, rain and it's a little cooler at times, though my husband is in the South Island, and he says it is freezing (well for a North Island boy) and he has a beanie on under his hardhat, so I guess some of us cannot complain.

What an awesome week, you know those days where creativity just comes in and wham, the idea is there, it works, everything you need is at hand, and you just go to it!  No, me neither! No that's not true, I have had some amazing days where everything went well, and then my order arrived from overseas, and seems like I did't't concentrate to much when I put the order through.  Firstly, who knew that ranger did tags that were 30cm long, not me, but it turns out that is what size 12 is.  Also Adirondack do an ink pad that is half an a4 page, no didn't' know that either, next time I will order in the morning when my brain may have been hooked up properly, after the coffee has run a course through my veins.  Never mind, there is nothing like a learning experience to make the day interesting.

So hopefully you have noticed the new Logo at the top of the page, I love it.  My daughter works for Tainui Press in Matamata and she designed it for me.  A new logo for a new business for us, still more about that coming soon.

I hope you have joined us on face book, 1st prize has been given away, and I will be offering another prize up soon, so if you haven't joined yet, please do so.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Imagine-If/108504492510663

A couple of links for you today,
This is my friend Robbi's blog, www.scrapsfrommyeverydaylife.blogspot.com      check it out
and Green tara make wonderful flowers http://www.greentara1.blogspot.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/donna-downey/31263764156  
Donna Downey facebook page

Classes

  
Saturday November 2nd -a gate book, using a Twiddleybitz gate album. $40.00, all day project includes lunch.  2 spots left, a kit is available for $30.00 + postage.
This is a fun book.  Would make a great gift for Christmas to your daughter, or a grandchild, or someone special even your mum.  This book uses really lovely paper Prima paper, fairly neutral inside, but still very fun to do, with lots of pages that are all different shapes inside. You could making fun of the lessons learned in life from your mother, (tongue in cheek), a small photo album, a recipe book, a positive affirmations book, a wedding gift, a baby book for a new mum, so I am giving you the option to make the book, and then just add your own touch to the book. It would make a great gift for Christmas to your daughter, or a grandchild, or someone special even your mum. The colours are apricots and black, white and a touch of pink.

 

November classes
Wednesday 6Th November - 8 Christmas cards, Picture below is all 8 cards.  This is an all day class. $50.00 for class and lunch. 8 cards, 8 different looks, different products, different styles but all Christmas themed. Class is full

Saturday 9th November - Christmas cards - A repeat of Wednesdays card class.  All day class. $50.00 for class and lunch. 8 cards, 8 different looks, different products, different styles but all Christmas themed.
still space available.



Saturday 23rd November - Christmas printers tray - $50- includes lunch.  A very cool Christmas decoration or Christmas gift, a printers tray in the shape of a little house, It has a theme, in our home we.....play, forgive, love,laugh etc.   It will have a white base and then you can decide on whatever other colour you would like to add, and whatever things happen in your house.  You can add photos if you want. or if you wish to make a christmas house that is perfect as well. We can do what ever, so just let me know. 4 spots left only.  If you would like this as a kit, it is $40.00 + postage (you need to supply one piece of paper for your wall paper and you will need your own paint)



December classes
December 4th Christmas tags class - 8 tags, $25.00 includes lunch, all with different looks and different styles,  uses so many different products, powders, metal, sprays, inks, etc etc.  A really good way to learn.  I have suggested keep them and use as a reminder what products do, will come with instructions to repeat the techniques.  You can also add to your presents or would make a great present themselves.



November Wednesday 20th - New Class - Scrapbooking for Christmas $25.00  8 only.
A fun morning of scrapbooking, you will get a box full of scrapbooking supplies which will include what you need to create two over the top scrapbooking pages (okay you can make more), cardstock, amazing chipboard bauble overlay from Twiddleybitz, plus more Twiddleybitz, flowers, brads and bling.  The kit will be scrappers heaven.  I will have heaps of sprays and other fun stuff to play with as well.  Then it will be game time, no more information, you just need to be there.  8 only.  Don't miss out.
   
December 14th Christmas Shadow box,
$60.00 includes lunch, all the fun of Christmas in a great shadow box.  Everything supplied.  A great gift.  4 spots left.  Could do as a kit, $50.00 + postage, This looks amazing in real life, the camera has flattened it, which is a shame, as you can see it is going to be an amzing day.


Right finally am I feeling brave? What did you do last week that scared you? anything? Did you try something you have always been worried about trying?
So here is my efforts


This is my first attempt at painting, and I am pretty happy.  No I didn't draw the face, I started with a black and whitebase image, I painted the nose in though she didn't have one, and all the other features are all mine.  it looks really good in real life, the camera has flattened it a bit.  So I got brave what about you?


So email me or phone me on 07 8873901 if you have any questions, or you want to book a spot.  Leave me a message on the phone if I am out and about or working upstairs.
If you email me and I do not get back to you within 24 hours I have not got the email, I have different virus checkers and every now and again I am not getting an email.  I do not ignore emails, I respond as soon as I can.

Catch you in class.

all the best Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment