Sunday, August 19, 2012

Scrapbooking - My Dad

This was the hardest layout I have ever done.  My dad died, 11th April 2012, and this is the first layout I have done of him since then.  He was such a cool guy, and so handy in the garden and made me all sorts of things to play with.  I used two websters paper (the same one), and then i carefully cut out the roses, and the bird house and the clocks.  I layered a twiddleybitz chicken wire piece over the bottom, and then layered the 2nd page cut out pieces over the top with foam dots.  I then painted and embossed some wooden twiddleybitz vine, and added roses (his favourite).  I layered his photo on brown and then black bazzil cardstock.  I picked up this handmade paper at Senz, which looked like wood, so i ripped that and put it underneath the photo.  I then put silver nail brads all around the wood like piece, but decided that I didn't like that, so I added white roses, and wound them around the brads.  I added a star at the bottom left of the picture, and then the hammer.  I inked up twiddleybitz squares and added them to the top right, and just left it simple with the chipboard word DAD.  A few gold brads to give the birdhouse a life.  I know he would just shake his head at the layout, but this is him.  My Dad.   

No comments:

Post a Comment